Sources of Additional Information
Several publications are available from the Hydroponic
Society of America. For information write to the Society at P.O. Box
516, Brentwood, California 94513.
A complete list of hydroponic references may be obtained by writing to the
Department of Natural Resources and
Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois, W-503 Turner Hall, 1102
S. Goodwin, Urbana, Illinois 61801.
You may find the following publications particularly helpful:
- Carpenter, T., Hydroponics: A Handbook for Beginners, Hobbyists
and Commercial Growers. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Hydro-Gardens, 1979.
- Cooper, A., The XBC of NFT. Brentwood, Calif.: Hydroponic
Society of America.
- Courter, J. W., and J. M. Gerber, Hydroponics. Horticulture
Facts No. VC-19-82. Urbana, III.: Department of Horticulture, University
- Douglas, J. S., Hydroponics-the Bengal System. London: Oxford
University Press, 1970.
- Ellis, N. K., M. Jensen, J. Larsen, and N. F. Oebker, Nutriculture
Systems: Growing Plants Without Soil. Agricultural Experiment Station
Bulletin No. 44. West Lafayette, Ind.: Purdue University, 1974.
- Harris, D., Hydroponics: Growing Plants Without Soil. Brentwood,
Calif.: Hydroponic Society of America.
- Mittleider, J. R. More Food from Your Garden. Santa Barbara
Calif.: Woodbridge Press, 1975.
- Mittleider, J. R., and A. N. Nelson. Food for Everyone. Santa
Barbara, Calif.: Woodbridge Press.
- Resh, H. M. Hydroponic Food Production. Santa Barbara, Calif.:
The following Illinois Cooperative
Extension Service circulars are also of interest to plant hobbyists.
Copies may be obtained from your county Extension adviser or from Information
Services, University of Illinois, 47 Mumford Hall, 1301 West Gregory Drive,
Urbana, Illinois 61801.
- Circular 817, Plant Breeding as a Hobby. (Single copy free.)
- Circular 886, Plant Regulators: Their Use as a Hobby. (Single copy
- Circular 1150, Vegetable Gardening for Illinois. ($2.00)
Equipment and Supplies
The following is a partial list of companies that sell hydroponic equipment.
This list is provided for informational purposes only. Inclusion of a firm
does not constitute endorsement by the University of Illinois nor discrimination
against other suppliers and products.
- Agri Group, Inc., 555 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, New York l()591
- Benbow Industries, Inc., P.O. Box 977, Apopka, Florida 32703
- Brady Manufacturing, Box 134, RD 4, Jackson, New Jersey 08527
- Cambridge Farms, 8748 South Tod Avenue, Warren, Ohio 44481
- Canadian Hydrogardens Ltd., 411 Book Road West, Ancaster, Ontario,
Canada L9G 3L1
- Cardinal Systems, Inc., Rt. 61, RD 1, Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
- Clover Garden Products, Inc., Box 874, Smyrna, Tennessee 37167
- Enclosures, Inc., 1 Main Street, Moreland, Georgia 30259
- Hydroculture, Inc., P.O. Box 1655, Glendale, Arizona 85311
- Hydro-Gardens, Inc., P.O. Box 9707, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80932
Hydroponic Growing Systems, 32 Richardson Road, Ashby, Massachusetts 01431
- Hygroponics, Inc., 3935 North Palo Alto Avenue, Panama City, Florida
- North American Greenhouse Co., Inc., Box 5286, Texarkana, Texas 75501
- The Skaife Pipe Dream, 376 East Eighth Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
- Troy Hygro-Systems, Rt. 2, Box 525, Fast Troy, Wisconsin 53120